Standex takes your privacy seriously.
Standex International Corporation and its worldwide affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions and companies (collectively, “Standex”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respect your privacy and your rights to control your personal data.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that relates to an individual and either identifies that individual or can be used to identify that individual. Examples of personal data include an individual’s name, mailing address, email address, IP address, telephone numbers, or other unique identifiers.
The Information We Collect
We collect several different types of information, depending on the interaction between you and us.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you visit any of our websites, we may automatically collect and record certain personal data from your device by using cookies and similar technologies. This personal data may include your IP address, web browser and/or device type, the areas of the website you visit, date and time of your visit, location data and the Internet Service Provider used. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Call Tracking. When you contact us via telephone, we may record certain information, which includes personal data such as the telephone number, the name associated with the telephone number, your geographic location, call length and any follow-up information. Such calls may be recorded, so any personal data you provide during the conversation may be collected. Any such recordings are used solely for customer service training and quality assurance purposes and are not shared with any third parties.
- Information you provide to us. When you contact us directly, through our websites (via contact forms), through email or in-person, you may provide and we may collect personal data, such as your name, email address and job title (if you are affiliated with an existing or potential customer, vendor, partner or other party with whom we have or may develop a business relationship). Additionally, we may collect information on your search queries on our websites, survey responses and records and copies of correspondences (if you contact us). When you are applying for an employment position, you may provide and we may collect certain personal data. The data is commonly your name, email address, mailing address, current job title, past employment history, and other information that you provide on your resume or curriculum vitae.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect or that you provide to us, including your personal data, to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of our websites, to provide the information, products and services that you request, to further any existing or potential business relationship with you and/or your employer, to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of visitors to our websites, to communicate with you via our newsletters, to analyze and track the efficacy of marketing efforts and to evaluate your candidacy for employment if you have submitted a job application or inquiry.
To Whom We Disclose Information and Why
Except as described within this policy, we will not share personal data with a third party unless you consent to the disclosure or the disclosure is required by law. We may disclose aggregated information (information that does not identify any individual) about our website visitors without restriction. We do not sell or lease any personal data to third parties.
Personal data may be shared:
- among Standex affiliates and subsidiaries to better provide Standex products and services;
- with contractors, sales representatives, service providers and other third parties who provide support to our businesses and are bound by contractual obligations to keep your information confidential and to use your information only for purposes specified by us;
- with third parties to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, if you provide contact details to be able to receive our products, we will share that information with freight carriers so that the product will be delivered to you);
- with government or regulatory agencies, when required to do so to comply with a court order, law or legal process;
- with third parties to either enforce our agreements (for example, billing and collection services) or to comply with contractual obligations (for example, as part of the purchase or sale of a business, assets, products or services).
How to Access and Control the Information
When you submit an online form for job applications, inquiries, or registering for products and services at any of our websites or otherwise request information, you provide prior express consent for Standex to send you “commercial electronic messages” (CEMs), which includes text messages, e-mail messages, etc. You may thereafter opt-out of receiving further CEMs by unsubscribing using instructions contained in the CEMs or by sending an e-mail stating your request to opt-out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security and Storage
We take all reasonable steps to protect the information submitted to us, including following generally accepted industry standards for transmission and storage of personal data. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet and you do so at your own risk.
Personal data collected by us may be stored and processed in any country where Standex or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. Standex is headquartered in the United States, so there will necessarily be transfers of information to the United States. Where information is transferred between countries, such transfer will be either to a country that has had an adequacy decision issued for it, or subject to a contract which ensures the protection of the information. In the latter case, you may request a copy of the contract by contacting email@example.com or the Data Privacy Officer at the address below.
Standex retains personal data and relevant information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided to us, or for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Our Policy Towards Children
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. Our websites are not intended for children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use or provide any information on our websites. If we learn that personal data has been collected from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 years of age, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
Standex does not track you over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
No third parties engaging in online behavioral tracking collect personal data related to your online activities “over time and across different web sites” through any of our websites or online services.
California law allows users of our websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Marketing and Optimization
For marketing and optimization purposes Lead Forensics products and services (http://www.leadforensics.com) are used on this website. Headquarters of Lead Forensics is located in Communication House, 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ, United Kingdom. Lead Forensics identifies details of your organization including phone number, web address, SIC code, a description of the company. Lead Forensics will show you the actual history of your visit to this website, including all pages visited and viewed by you, and how long you spent on this site. Under no circumstances will the data be used for the personal identification of an individual visitor. If IP addresses are collected, they are made anonymous immediately after collection. On behalf of the operator of this website Lead Forensics will use the collected information to evaluate your visits to the website, compile reports on website activities, provide other services with related website information and monitor internet usage. If you do not agree or object to the data collection, processing and storage of your data at any time you can opt out with immediate effect by clicking on the following link:
This policy is current as of the effective date posted at the bottom of this page. Any changes made will be posted on this page, so you are responsible for regularly reviewing this policy for any changes. Your continued use of our websites after any changes to this Policy will constitute your acceptance to such modifications and updates.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Standex International Corporation
ATTN: Data Privacy Officer
11 Keewaydin Drive, Suite 300
Salem, NH 03079
Where data is collected by us or provided by you to us (and you are a Data Subject, as defined in the General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”)), we are the Data Controller (as defined in the GDPR) with regards to that data. The contact details of our EU representative are:
HR Business Partner
Standex International SRL
Via 1° Maggio, 20
I 20064 Gorgonzola, Milano
Thank you for visiting and using our websites!
Last modified: November 6, 2018